Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Being Needed


"Isn't it great to be so needed?" Milliseconds before my response of 'Actually, it's truly a pain in the ass' crossed my lips, my brain remembered that I was having this conversation with one of those who did the 'needing'.

I have many people in my life who 'Need Me' to varying degrees. I am obligated, being that I am a daughter, a lover, a relative. These people have all given to me over the years, and I happily give back... It just seems like life has a way of happening at the worst possible moment. The planets, the stars, the whole darn Solar System must align perfectly to allow three people to make doctors appointments, all on the same day, all within an hour of each other, but of course, in different parts of town, (not the town that I live in, I'll add) all of whom assume that I'd be happy to drive them. There is that illogical little voice inside that tries to make me feel guilty when I can't be everything to everyone, every time.

In the end, I think it only matters that I do my best and that I have no regrets. There is a weight on my shoulders, the weight of responsibility. Someday it will be gone... And I will miss it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home