Thursday, April 27, 2006

Daily Stuff

Today was a pretty darn good day, all in all. The worst of it was first thing this morning when I took my dad in to the Doctor. He recently had a proceedure to (hopefully) kill the cancer cells in his prostate. Yes that cancer word again. She's Such A Bitch! Being a healthy guy his whole life, he hasn't had an easy time with it all. He now has an infection which requires him to be back on a cathater. He is Not a happy camper.

Things got markedly better after I dropped him off at home. Off to the bike shop to pick up my Pearl Isumi order. Being part of a bike club, we get a discount, so I figured this was my chance to get some nice new stuff. Two new jerseys, new shorts and tri shorts. NICE! I also bought a new bike computer with cadence and some new tires with inverted tread to go on my other road bike. The new tires will allow me to ride on the dirt roads to go visit my folks at their lake trailer this summer. Their place is only 10 or 11 miles from my house. They always want me to visit, I always want to ride my bike. Works out well this way.

Then back to the RV park to get the lawns mowed and gussy the place up for this weekend. It's opening day of fishing, and we're going to be full with over flow from the area resorts.

Urs did all the mowing today while I preped the areas by picking up pinecones and weed wacking around trees. We only finished about 1/3 of the park because we got kind of a late start today. We'll finish up tomorrow.

Still so much to do. Need to weed and bark all the flower beds... and plant flowers! Need to get the fountain at the entrance set up and running. Need to mow and spray the Nap Weed to get the County weed guy off our backs. Need to redo the second of the mens shower. Need to, need to, need to... there is always something to be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home