Saturday, April 29, 2006

Riding The Tank


Rode over to my folk's lake place, a short 8.5 miles from my house, to open it up for the season, turn the water and propane on, etc. I rode my official commuter bike. (If I didn't work from home, I'd actually have somewhere to commute to!) I used my Giant OCR and put some 700x28 inverted tread tires on it and some SPD pedals. (Thanks for the pedals Flatman!) Put on my rear rack and a trunk bag, and I'm set to go just about anywhere! I plan to ride this bike to the grocery store, swim practice and misc. errands. Having a bike that I'm not afraid to lock up and leave will hopefully motivate me to get in a few more miles every week.

But today, I had the bike bag loaded down with all the tools I thought I might need, shoes and a pair of shorts. It was a windy ride with one set of particularly hard gusts that just about sent me flying. The road to the lake is rollers through wheat fields with a mile long section of gravel road. It was challenging and tiring for being such a short ride, but I persisted and never lost my focus.

I weighed the bike when I got home, loaded down with tools. 34 pounds! Man, I'm gonna be Strong if I keep this up!!

1 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Glad you could use them, Barb! That's a nice looking commuter you have there...

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home