Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Long And Winding Road

What a great morning for a bike ride. It was about 60 degrees with a slight wind. I chose to ride my "hills" route, through the fields. I saw several farmers out on their combines mowing the grass and alfalfa. Everything smelled so good! Click on these photos to see the roads wind off into the distance. It really is a beautiful place to ride.

Today was a great work out day. (I take em when I can get em!) I rode 16.38 miles with an average speed of 15 mph. The first half of the ride was through the hills, the second half on the flats in the aero bars. (Dropped my chain for the first time ever. Have to remember to check around my bottom bracket for damage since I ride one of dem plastic bikes!)


Before dinner, got in a 3 mile run, and then 200 situps on the exercise ball and a host of strength exercises with the dumbbells. I guess
TriBoomer's
Olympic sized double brick workout got me all fired up!

The pool at EWU has closed for summer renovation, and as much as I want to get back to swimming, I'm dreading going to the local Park and Rec pool. It looks tiny compared to what I'm used to, although it's probably 25 yards, which is pretty common. I just can't quit thinking about how many kids pee in that pool every day. Bluck! I sent out an email to my ladies cycling group inquiring if anyone wanted to ride the bike course of the next tri or do some open water swimming. I've got a friend with a kayak that has agreed to spot us if I can get a group together. Hopefully something will come of that.

Train hard! Hope everyone is having a great week!

4 Comments:

Blogger Hollyfish said...

OMG those pictures are incredible!! I have pretty amazing places to ride but that looks like biker nirvana. WOW. Thanks so much for sharing them...so very very beautiful. And great job on those rides... totally respectable pace on hills like that!

Open water swimming is the way to go...I hope you can make it work out!!! Glad you're all fired up!! Me TOO!!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

Excelente Barb-- nice pics and nice workout.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Wow. That's beautiful. I can't wait until I "grow up" and can afford to get a little out place out a ways in the "country". I love biking on rural roads.

1:30 AM  
Blogger jameson said...

riding on the roads sounds like a blast. i need to make a roadtrip out to the country...

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home