Thursday, June 15, 2006

One More Time!

I'm looking forward to Sunday. That is the day that I will restart my training. I've been in a perpetual taper, which I've now managed to extend to 4 weeks. The first week, leading up to the CdA Half Marathon, was excruciatingly difficult. We triathletes Hate to taper! To go from two-a-day workouts to two for the whole week can be down right painful!

The Half Marathon was followed by some much needed recovery days, followed by two back to back weekend sprint triathlons. Which brings us to this week where I'm hoping to race again on Saturday. (The RV Park will be overflowing with customers, so it'll be a last minute decision.) So much for the build, taper and recovery model!

When I originally scheduled my summer calendar, this was not how it was suppose to play out. Even though I don't feel like I need much recovery after a sprint tri, I also know that racing back to back to back isn't going to make me faster or stronger.

What it does do is give me some much needed experience. I'm really happy that I was able to finish last weekends swim without freaking out in the shallow lake water. I believe Saturdays race is an out and back swim, which will invariably take me out into the deep blackness. If I can complete this swim and maintain the same sanity I had last week, I think my open water phobia will be considered past tense.

With that race behind me, I'll have four weeks to prep for my 'A' race, the Valley Girl Triathlon. I guess it will actually be three weeks and one taper. In all honesty, this will be the first "real" race of the season. While it draws a large number of first timers, it also draws all the local Tri Divas, so it is a fairly competitive race. The race has sold out at 500 women. Yes indeed, THIS is gonna be fun!

Another reason I'm so looking forward to starting my workout regime again is because each week that I've taken off, has gotten easier and easier. I feel downright slothful and lazy. Yes, I've had a lot on my plate the past couple of weeks, but that is truly just an excuse. If someone delivered a Domino's Extravaganza pizza to my house, I'd sure squeeze the time into my day to eat it! See, we make time to achieve our priorities. Post race recovery and carbo-loading now equates to Corona with extra lime!

So, I say here before you today, starting Sunday, it'll be clean livin' and hard work for me. I may not win, but I've got my eye on the title Tri Diva!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home