Thursday, June 01, 2006

Primal Scream

Just a quick update for those who read my blog. It's been a crazy week. Dad is in the hospital and mom has fallen twice and is having her own medical issues. Seems impossible to get any kind of assistance to help with mom, who needs 24 hour care. The social workers say her doctor needs to order it and her doctor says we have to go through the social workers. We've called all around trying to get advice and help, to no avail. Tomorrow we start calling again, hopefully we'll get somewhere this time. My big brother has flown in from Colorado to lend a temporary hand.

Urs, who is my rock, had a PET scan today, which will tell us just how much cancer remains in her body after 2 1/2 years of chemo. We get the results on Monday or Tuesday.

While everything seems to be falling apart, at least it is happening all at once! If I'm a little more quiet than normal, it's just because I've got my hands full and can't focus long enough to get a blog post written. I actually had several things to post about the Half, but they all seem irrelevant now.

I'm SO looking forward to a run tomorrow morning.

Later

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Wow! That's a lot to handle all at once. I hope your parents are okay and that you're able to get everything in order with them. I hope Urs is okay. Definitely go out for your run. Sometimes, it's the only thing that keeps me in check when my sanity is hanging by a thread.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Hollyfish said...

Hang in there - hope you had a great run. We're thinking about you guys...

6:43 AM  
Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

I'm sending good thoughs your way, Barb.

Have a good run.

Stay tuned...

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home