Friday, August 11, 2006

Moses Lake, Wa.

Well, the trip to Moses Lake wasn't too exciting or eventful. We stayed in an RV Park which is connected to the large, lake front city park via a foot bridge over the bordering interstate highway. I plan on doing a triathlon next season in this park, so I wanted to check out the accommodations and access. It will be perfect. A two minute walk over the foot bridge will get me to the starting line race morning.
This is a photo of part of the run section of the tri. It's nice that it's along the lake, but the interstate is on the other side of the chain link fence. This trail goes for many miles through the town and along the lake. I only rode it for about 4 miles on my mountain bike. Next time we visit, I'll bring the road bike and ride it to it's end.
I did get to go shopping in a new store while I was there. I had seen Tristate Outfitters as a local sponsor of one of the tris that I did this year. I had never been to one and just assumed that it was a triathlon store. Well, we ran across one in Moses Lake, so I stopped to take a look. This is now one of my most favorite stores.

It sells clothing and sporting goods... tents, kayaks, camping goods, boots, water toys... just all kinds of fun stuff. The clothing lines are all of my favorites... Columbia, Patagonia, Fox, Life Is Good, UnderArmor... nice stuff. Best of all, it's all marked down at least 25-50%! There's nothing better than buying stuff on sale! :)
Gasoline prices have really begun to go through the roof here. I took a photo of a gas sign that advertised regular at $3.16. I thought that was bad until I got home to find prices at $3.20 and raising daily! I heard that the Pacific NW gets almost 80% of its fuel from Alaska oil. Ouch! Hope they get that Alaska pipeline up and running soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

What beautiful pics. I love visiting local tri shops. Gas prices are ridiculous. Guess soon we'll be going on bike camping trips?

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Lesbian sexing

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home