Tuesday, August 29, 2006

This Is Easy?

Yesterday was suppose to be an easy 4 mile run. For some reason, my runs seem to be getting more difficult. I chose to run on the trail out in back of the property, where I do the majority of my short runs. The trail has little ups and downs that tests and strains the muscles of my legs, sometimes more than I would like. I read about my fellow bloggers who go out "for a quick, enjoyable 10 mile run". It's been a while since I've been able to relax and enjoyed a run. My legs feel heavy and tired, but I'm refusing to give in. If I start the run, I'm going to finish it... one way or another.

The one distraction yesterday was following the baby hands imprinted into the heavy, dry dust of the single track. Perfect impressions... the smallest being no more than an inch and a half high. They continued down my trail, or I down it's trail, for at least a half mile. So small and delicate, they reminded me of a human infant. But these were the tracks of a racoon. This was the first evidence of racoon I've seen since buying the place 4 years ago. They were down by a dairy farm, so I assume they are getting enough to eat without ransacking the campground. For this I am thankful. These creatures seem to cause major havoc where ever they go.

On a somewhat different note... Urs and I have been asked to be Pillow Testers for a large bedding company. I don't know if we were selected because someone feels we need more beauty sleep, because we've made several purchases from the company, or maybe because we have a family member that works for the company and they need people to try out new stuff. Ya, I think that's probably it.

We've been told that we will get all kinds of stuff to try out. We're excited to see what the UPS guy will be bringing us. (Although, all this would have been even better had it happened Before we bought two down comforters, six feather pillows and a feather bed.) Who knows... maybe that is why our opinion is valued... because of our experience with their products!

One of the products I hope we get is the pillow case that is suppose to reduce fine lines and wrinkles on the face. Oh yes! Send me the Extra Strength version, please! Maybe they'll come up with a whole body bag that I can crawl into that will reposition and reshape all my parts to how they looked 20 years ago? I know... we can't expect miracles!

So anyway, we have yet to receive our first box of test goodies. Looking forward to it! Will keep everyone informed as to what we are "testing" at the moment.

We are leaving for Olympic National Park in three days. Will probably be gone 10 days or so. Will try to post again before we leave. If not, you'll understand why my site is more quiet than usual. I'll bring back lots of pictures of one of my most favorite of places!

1 Comments:

Blogger TriZilla said...

How could there be no comments to this post. Absolutely hysterical. :)

Hoping for a product report on those pillow cases!

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home