Sunday, September 24, 2006

Back At It

I know, I know... I haven't posted in quite a while. I've got a whole bag full of excuses... mainly that I'm embarrassed that not only didn't I run a single day I was gone, but I also managed to pack on 7 pounds. I enjoyed every minute, but I'm regretting it now! The good news is that I got in an 8 miler the day before we left and have been back running for the last several days.

Today was especially fun. Urs went with me on her bike while I ran a morning 5 miler. It was nice to be out there together, and to have someone to run with. She got some perverse pleasure in peddling past me and calling out over her shoulder, "I dropped ya!"

As my runs get longer, I'm finding it difficult to carry enough water with me. I can't rely on the drinking fountains being operational at this time of year and I hate restricting myself to doing several short out and backs. Hopefully, Urs will agree to keep me company on the remainder of my long runs and carry my extra water.

Today I officially signed up for the half marathon which takes place on Oct. 15th. The course is fairly hilly with one massive monster at mile 9, so the odds of me beating my first time of 2:08 are slim... but that doesn't mean I'm not going to try! :) My primary goal is to finish the race and enjoy myself.

I've got good news to post, but I'll keep you all hanging until tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hollyfish said...

OOOOOh, such a tease! I'm a sucker for good news. I was introduced to a fuel belt water bottle waist belt yesterday on an 8 miler and it was quite handy. I was afraid it would bounce too much but found it quite unobtrusive. I'll see if I can find a link for you. Glad you're back!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Spokane Al said...

Barb,

Glad to see that you are back and well. And don't worry about the big hill - its not as bad as it looks and its all flat to the finish once you reach the top.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home