Sunday, October 01, 2006

Man Wanted...

...Must have boat. Please send picture of boat. :)

Week after next, we will be headed down to the Snake River for 5 days of Steelhead and Salmon fishing. I'm trying to arrange a guided fishing trip, but it's pretty difficult to find someone willing to take a single person out fishing for the day. I'm hoping to rent a boat at the marina.

The RV Park where we will be staying, sits right on the river. There is a nice fishing dock and lots of river bank to cast from. But... The middle of the river is where the big fish hang out, so that's where I want to go!

The Spokane Half Marathon is in two weeks. I completed my last long run yesterday of 10 miles. This was officially my longest training run and Urs, who accompanied me on her bike, was her longest bike ride.

Urs is really enjoying riding her bike while I run. Since she is motivated to ride, I'm less likely to skip a run. It's been very much like having a training partner, and it's been fun showing her my local plodding grounds.


Urs is interested in exploring recumbent bikes, which will add comfort and allow her to ride further. Hopefully, a recumbent would give her enough speed for us to cycle together. This is what she currently rides, a "semi recumbent" Electra Townie. An uber coffee shop ride. I'm surprised it doesn't have a latte cup holder on it.

I'm thinking that when we ride together, I can pull the dog (small but fat) in a trailer, and Urs, with a nice selection of gears on her recumbent, should be able to match my speed pretty well.

Here is one type of recumbent she is considering. If anyone knows about the recumbents or has opinions about them, I'd be interested to hear them!

Of upmost importance today... NFL Seahawks at Bears... Both undefeated. Thank goodness for recovery days!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hollyfish said...

So GREAT that you guys can train together. There's nothing more motivating than a pal to get you out there. Keep up the hard work...I won't divulge what I didn't do yesterday... ;)

6:14 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

That's so cool that she can cycle while you run. It's so much more fun to do it together. That's how Jason and I spend time together. Train together. Have you guys thought about a tandem bicycle? I see a lot of people out there on them. Just a thought. Congrats on your 10 mile run. My half marathon is coming up this weekend. I'm nervous, but I feel my fitness is there.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home