Saturday, October 07, 2006

Waiting For A Sign...

I've really tried to control my emotions, but there is talk of it everywhere. Seems that on every blog and around every proverbial corner, there is chatter about... Next Season!

I've been delaying the moment when I actually sit down with a calendar and plan out next years races. Besides the fact that the 2006 season has just Barely ended, I thought I could give myself a couple of months to think of something OTHER than triathlon.

Ok... there! I said it!

I know... who am I kidding?

Truth is... I wanted to take a moment to consider (JUST CONSIDER!) that there might be something else out there where I'd rather focus my energy.

I'd love to do the STP (Seattle to Portland) bike tour someday. I've also been checking out some incredible marathon courses such as Big Sur, Las Vegas, Leavenworth and Lake Tahoe. So much to do and so little time! I'm like a kid in a candy store. I want one of everything and I want it NOW!

But to be honest with you, and myself for that matter, I don't think I'm quite done with triathlon... nor is it done with me. I feel that I've still got a lot to accomplish. At this point, I'm undecided whether my goal should be fast sprint and olympic distance times OR really buckle down and work to complete a half ironman.

That will be the decision I will ponder for the next couple of months. I'm one that looks for divine intervention, so who knows, maybe I'll see a "sign" that will tell me which path to follow. I took it as a sign when I received an email from Valley Girl Triathlon that they opened up registration last week and the race is already 1/4 full! (This area could really benefit from a Danskin or Irongirl Tri!) Out came the credit card and the registration form. It's a really fun local race and I'm determined to better my 5th place AG finish! So... I guess I've got at least one race penciled in on the calendar!

While I decide what direction to take, I'll keep running, start my swimming up again and hopefully get in a couple nice bike rides before the nasty weather gets here.

Tri on, my friends!

7 Comments:

Blogger Hollyfish said...

TriZ and I are signing up for Timberman and JC hasn't ruled it out either...how 'bout a trip east next August!!??

1:53 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

It would be the highlight of my year to do Timberman with you and the crew! Alas, August is a pretty bad time for me to be away from the park and Timberman is so far away!

Now... if ya'll want to come out here... just let me know!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

It's funny how psycho we all are about triathlon. We cannot even begin "off-season" without having 2007 planned out. I feel like I'll go stir-crazy otherwise. And there are way too many races to choose from! I've been writing every single one down that I could EVER want to do and going from there. A bit obsessive, I know.

7:56 PM  
Blogger TriZilla said...

Heh, I see Spence beat me to it :-)

Let me try a different tact: "You are getting verrrrrry slleeeepppy..."

All joking aside, I applaude your self control! I tried to resist....

All the best for the rest of your taper.

5:44 AM  
Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Barb,

I can TOTALLY understand what you're feeling. I have a 2007 calendar sitting on my desk in front of me and nearly every weekend from April to October has an event penciled on it.

... sigh ...

Oh, let me try to entice you too. There are some great races in Texas too. Brett, TriGreyhound, Cara, and Elizabeth, and the TriBoomer Posse are calling your and Ursula's name. Y'all come on down, hear?

Stay tuned...

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello

credit
balance card credit transfer

G'night

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home