Sunday, December 31, 2006

I've Been Tagged

Spokane Alhas seen fit to tag me with the following task:

1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book & the author.
3. Turn to page 123.
4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page. Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
5. Tag three more folks.

Well, you'll be disappointed if you expected something deep and intellectual. There happens to be a book sitting on the end table next to me, one which I often pick up, open randomly and read a page or two. This book is just one of my numerous literary examples of my love for adventure and travel. The book: 1,000 Places To See Before You Die by Patricia Schultz.

Page 123 puts us into a chapter describing an area of the world fairly far down on my list of places to see... France. Specifically, the fifth sentence on the page describes The Camargue and the Gypsy Pilgrimage in Languedoc-Roussillon, France.

"A microcosm of the area's wild, rugged scenery, the ranch is both a government-protected bird sanctuary (known for it's flock of pink flamingos) and the final frontier for the gardians, some of the last cowboys in Europe. You can ride out on one of the 300 snow white Camargue horses or help the herders gather the stocky black Camargue bulls, which are raised for races. At the heart of this wilderness stands Le Mas de Peint, an unassuming 17th-century stone farmhouse."

Who knew there were pink flamingos in France?

So there is my contribution. I tag Spence, JCand TriBoomer.

Carry on...

1 Comments:

Blogger Hollyfish said...

AHA! Tagged! WHERE did you get that adorable little tri graphic above your profile!?? That is the COOLEST!!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home