Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Special Gift

Have you ever known a place that held a special place in your heart? It could be a house, a lake, a city... a park. Maybe it's a special place because warm memories were created there, or it's the site of some special event.

Urs and I have a couple places in this world that we consider special above all others. Discovered together, their magical properties enveloped us and taught us to appreciate each other and the awesome beauty around us.

One of these places is Mt. Rainier National Park. This magnificent mountain is so awe inspiring that it takes the breath away. The glacial clad beauty raises from the forest floor, so large and imposing that it looms over you even at a distance of 50 miles from the base!

Keeping all that in mind, and the fact that I must have been a Very good girl this year, here is a picture of my early Christmas present. It's a custom made gold band with the image of Mt. Rainier on it. BLING! The picture does not do it justice! It's incredibly beautiful and well made. It's the most heart felt, sentimental gift I could have gotten! I love it! (...I thought I was getting cycling socks!)

10 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Wow! Nice. Wonderful picture too! You guys rock!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Born To Endure said...

OMG, that is so beautiful...the ring, the pic..you have it all!!!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Spokane Al said...

Mt Rainier has always been special for me as well ever since I climbed it back in 1982. I have informed my family that when I bite the big one I want to be cremated with my ashes spread where one can see the glorious mountain.

12:57 PM  
Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Bling it right, Barb. Where are my sunglasses?

Stay tuned...

7:13 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Gorgeous. That's so awesome you two have that. I think for Jason and me, it would be Madison, WI--where we first met.

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ring, cycling socks, ring, cycling socks, ring, cycling socks, RING!

Very cool.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you lost your mind,
Major?
hydrocodone prescription

2:43 AM  
Blogger Ben, aka BadBen said...

I love the ring!
Of course, I love Ranier, also...even though it has never let me summit it, (due to weather). The last time, 10-years ago, I spent 2 days bivvied with 2 buddies in a snow cave. We passed the time without killing each other, too. The news about the climbers on Mt Hood hit home real hard. Why the heck did they separate? We'll probably never know.

My next "Rainier romp" will be to run around it's base.

Happy trails,
Bad Ben

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am heartsick that Mt. Rainier National Park was so damaged by the bad storm. It's possible the park may not even open this year. I hope Barb and I get a chance to go back there again. It's such a beautiful place.

Urs

9:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It is wonderful! In so very many ways.

The best part is that when you look at it on your finger, all those sentiments will be close at hand.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home